Support Forum

Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-12 16:53
ICT_Resources

Hi, Last week I created a nice little website using the \\\'Compland\\\' template in your Website Builder. I decided didn\\\'t want this to be on the homepage of my website so I migrated it to a sub-directory, and then I just added an Under Construction page to my root directory. Yesterday afternoon both pages were working absolutely fine. However, when I checked today the Under Construction page is still displaying normally, but the website I used the Compland template for is completely messed up. I tried to fix it but in the end I just had to delete. As I didn\\\'t change anything myself, I can only assume that Hostinger must have changed the format of the template or the CSS, or something like that. If you have an explanation that would be most appreciated. I spent quite a lot of time putting together this little website for educational purposes, and I don\\\'t want to fall into the same trap again. Many thanks in advance.

Re: Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-13 07:27
Panos

ICT_Resources wrote: Hi, Last week I created a nice little website using the \'Compland\' template in your Website Builder. I decided didn\'t want this to be on the homepage of my website so I migrated it to a sub-directory, and then I just added an Under Construction page to my root directory. Yesterday afternoon both pages were working absolutely fine. However, when I checked today the Under Construction page is still displaying normally, but the website I used the Compland template for is completely messed up. I tried to fix it but in the end I just had to delete. As I didn\'t change anything myself, I can only assume that Hostinger must have changed the format of the template or the CSS, or something like that. If you have an explanation that would be most appreciated. I spent quite a lot of time putting together this little website for educational purposes, and I don\'t want to fall into the same trap again. Many thanks in advance.

Hey there :)
Could you please provide us with your domain name so we can take a look?

Re: Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-13 08:08
ICT_Resources

ict-resources.com

Re: Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-14 07:45
Panos

ICT_Resources wrote: ict-resources.com

Thanks for this!

Website builder is designed to work only for the root directory, not in sub-domains if that's what you tried to do.

I took a look though, but I did not find that directory. Did you delete it maybe?
Let us know!

Re: Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-14 12:36
ICT_Resources

Panos wrote: ICT_Resources wrote: ict-resources.com
Thanks for this!

Website builder is designed to work only for the root directory, not in sub-domains if that's what you tried to do.

I took a look though, but I did not find that directory. Did you delete it maybe?
Let us know!

Hi, thanks for getting back. After creating the pages in Web Builder I moved my site to a sub directory, not a sub domain. I've just reinstated it so you can have a look (many thanks in advance). As I mentioned, it was displaying perfectly until a couple of days ago and then it just fell apart. Here's the URL...

http://www.ict-resources.com/sgr/

Re: Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-15 08:18
Panos

ICT_Resources wrote:
Panos wrote:

Thanks for this!

Let us know!

Hi, thanks for getting back. After creating the pages in Web Builder I moved my site to a sub directory, not a sub domain. I've just reinstated it so you can have a look (many thanks in advance). As I mentioned, it was displaying perfectly until a couple of days ago and then it just fell apart. Here's the URL...

Thanks for the clarification.
I've now forwarded this to the appropriate department and we'll get back to you once we've answer regarding the possible cause of the issue.

Re: Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-15 09:16
Panos

ICT_Resources wrote:
Panos wrote:

Thanks for this!

Let us know!

It was confirmed that you must not move files to subdirectories, files should appear in main directory only.
You may publish the site again, on your root directory though.

Re: Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-15 17:44
ICT_Resources

It was confirmed that you must not move files to subdirectories, files should appear in main directory only. You may publish the site again, on your root directory though.

Hi again, I already tried moving my site back to the root directory. This did not solve the problem and it looked exactly the same as it did when it was in the sub-directory. I'm not sure exactly how the web builder software works but if a site is displaying perfectly one day and not the next, then something must have been altered. As I did not change anything myself during that time, it is reasonable to assume that something was changed on your side of the system. At this point I'm trying to ascertain whether it's worth me spending any more of my time trying to rectify the problem, which will only be true if I know exactly what the problem is.

Re: Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-17 07:46
Panos

ICT_Resources wrote:
It was confirmed that you must not move files to subdirectories, files should appear in main directory only. You may publish the site again, on your root directory though.

Hi again, I already tried moving my site back to the root directory. This did not solve the problem and it looked exactly the same as it did when it was in the sub-directory. I'm not sure exactly how the web builder software works but if a site is displaying perfectly one day and not the next, then something must have been altered. As I did not change anything myself during that time, it is reasonable to assume that something was changed on your side of the system. At this point I'm trying to ascertain whether it's worth me spending any more of my time trying to rectify the problem, which will only be true if I know exactly what the problem is.

I've been in contact with the appropriate department for this, I've forwarded the case with details and I'm expecting an answer soon.
I'll let you know once I've something. :)

Re: Website suddenly stopped displaying properly 2017-03-17 09:28
Panos

ICT_Resources wrote:

Hi again,

I was informed that unfortunately, we cannot restore the website in its original form.
You'll need to remake it. :(

I'm sorry for the bad news.

In case you've any further questions, let me know!